Sunday, March 23, 2014

3/17 - 3/23 WWR -and a Bonus Confessional! (Sort of...)

Since I'm posting this late-late Sunday night, I think this post is fitting for a good ol' fashioned confessional.  And although I am not Catholic, but still a very active Protestant nonetheless, I like to keep things real by 'fessing up.  So here it goes, friends:


THE CONFESSION
I confess that I did not reach my weekly writing goal of at least 7,000 words, 
falling short at a hearty (yet, woefully inadequate) 5,392.

With that being said, however...

THE REBUTTAL TO SAID CONFESSION
I 100% shamelessly and blatantly blame MARCH MADNESS.

There.  I said it.  YES, I have been addicted to my CBS Sports app, staying up waaaay too late for my own good, and consistently taking my bracket off my fridge to analyze, re-analyze, and over-analyze how I can magically make up lost ground and gain enough comeback points to not only rise to the top of my work's employee pool, but also beat my 85-year-old grandmother who is currently leading the family standings.  (No shame, friends!  It's all about the WIN!!!  Love ya, Grandma! ;D)

So, based on my excus- I mean, my very logical reasoning, my WWR falling short is more of a triumph, than a confession of failure, really.  Because, how many writers could manage even 700 words, much less 7,000, under such circumstances?  So, just under 5,500?  Yeah, I'll take it.

...but, seriously, I'm going to bust some major tail on the keys Monday.  No lies.  All promises ;)
~Riley